The instructions in this section apply to KINGSTAR 4.x
After purchasing KINGSTAR Runtime, you will receive an email confirmation, which includes the activation key and a link to the KINGSTAR Runtime download page. After downloading the file, complete the following steps to install KINGSTAR Runtime:
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program. Select 3.x or earlier version of KINGSTAR Runtime from the list and uninstall it. The RTX64 Runtime should be uninstalled together with KINGSTAR Runtime. If not, uninstall it manually.
NOTE: Because KINGSTAR Runtime 4.1 and the included RTX64 Runtime are incompatible with their 3.x or previous versions, you must uninstall these versions before installing v4.1.
NOTE: If either your previous Runtime is KINGSTAR Motion or KINGSTAR Fieldbus, you must remove it.
NOTE: If you have installed KINGSTAR 4.0, you can upgrade directly using the installer of the latest version.
NOTE: You must have the administrator permission to install the KINGSTAR Runtime. Before the installation begins, the User Account Control dialog box may ask if you want the installer to make changes to your computer. Click Yes to continue the installation.
- On the installation page, click Next to begin the installation.
- Read the End User License Agreement, select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Choose the location you want to install the KINGSTAR Runtime. You can accept the default installation path, or click Browse to choose a different location. When you are finished, click Next.
- On the KINGSTAR Runtime Network Interface Setup page, select a network interface card (NIC) for KINGSTAR to use, and then click Next: None - Do not associate a NIC with KINGSTAR Runtime now. You will need to manually associate a NIC and configure it before you can use KINGSTAR Runtime. <NIC> - Select a NIC to associate with KINGSTAR Runtime, and configure its interface to use this NIC for KINGSTAR network communication. We suggest you select a NIC. KINGSTAR Runtime will automatically associate and configure the card, so you don't need to manually configure it later.
NOTE: When you select a NIC, KINGSTAR reminds you on whether it's a recommended model. The recommended list can be found in Network Interface Cards (online), or the PDF of supported Network Interface Cards (offline).
- Click Install to install KINGSTAR Runtime
- After the Installation is completed, click Finish to close the wizard. For more information about activating your KINGSTAR Runtime components, see Activate and Configure KINGSTAR.